Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fierce Wednesdays

I love Wednesdays for several reasons:

1. We go to Bistro Romano after work on 2nd and Lombard
Lemme tell you something about Bistro Romano, that place is the shit. Naturally, I forced the bartender to be friends with us. I love Bistro Romano because they have awesome drinks and they bring everyone in the bar little snacks during happy hour. Last week it was pasta with mushrooms in Alfredo sauce followed by grilled eggplant. AND cocktails are $4 EVERYDAY during happy hour. And the bar looks like the front of the ship in The Little Mermaid and they play Peggy lee and Sinatra and other awesome music from my past life all night. So basically for 10 bucks you can get a gin and tonic, BR’s awesome spiked lemonade martini and a dinner of little delicious snacks. That’s the best thing I’ve ever heard. Good for you, Bistro Romano. Good for you.

2. Summer Outdoor Screenings (also on 2nd and Lombard)
Tonight is Marilyn Monroe Bus Stop. Obviously everyone loves Marilyn, and I think she's particularly endearing in this film. Every Wednesday, a different business sponsors a different film. Tonight Bus Stop Boutique is sponsoring and they're giving out gift certificates to their shoe store which is absolutely fierce.

The only thing not fab about Wednesdays is that last Wednesday I skinned my knee running to the screening in shorts I made out of old jeans. Who skins their knee after elementary school? I guess I do.

*Skinned knees are not typical results of Bistro Romano cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment